May 2018 to Present: Founder and CEO of HiiiH Innovations Pvt Ltd (website)
- Founded and developed a networking software application – HiiiH to help Doctor innovators connect with engineers, product designers and other key resources and stakeholders involved in the development of a new healthcare solution.
- Spearheading the execution of core clinical and marketing services being offered to innovators and start-ups
- Co-produced web-series called Starting Troubles to build awareness about process of healthcare innovations
- Rubs online healthcare entrepreneurship courses and public speaking courses to improve the quality of innovators.
November 2016 to Present: Consultant ENT & Sinus specialist at Fortis Hospital, Bengaluru (website)
- Consultant ENT surgeon, carrying out minimally invasive nose and sinus surgeries such as Balloon Sinuplasty, Eustachian Tuboplasty and endoscopic septoplasty as daycare and in-office procedures.
October 2013 to October 2018: Director, Clinical Innovation and Partnerships at InnAccel, Bangalore (website)
- Team leader of a 4 member team for a consulting project with Medtronic inc. to evaluate and improve the products involved in the iHear project for screening of ear diseases in the rural population of India (Project ended in November 2013)
- Creating a core structure from unmet need analysis to development of alpha prototype for medical technologies in the healthcare space
- Developing a platform for Entrepreneurs’ and start-ups to be trained in the process of medical device innovation through structured internships and accelerating services
- Leading partnerships with Hospitals and medical institutions to develop a network of clinical expertise
- Performed a structured process to identify unmet need analysis in the field of ENT for Innaccel consulting services private limited from April 2013 to September 2013
- Spearheaded the first AIM Entrepreneurship program (February 2014 – August 2014) for unmet need analysis to development of proof of concept for the top two needs in the field of emergency medicine and trauma
- Identified clinical need, conceptualised, developed, tested and commercially launched 4 medical devices – Sinucare (Balloon Sinuplasty System), Noxeno (Nasal Foreign Body Removal), VAPCare (Oral secretion management system) and Saans (Mechanical CPCP for infants)
- Designed and conducted AIM fellowship programs in the year 2016 and 2017 to train 8 professionals in the unmet needs analysis process.
November 2013 to February 2017: Clinical Fellow Ear Nose Throat and Head-Neck Surgery, Bangalore (website)
- Working as a clinical fellow under the guidance and supervision of Dr. Sunil Narayan Dutt, Senior ENT Consultant at Apollo Hospital, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore. Responsibilities include assisting Dr. Dutt in managing OPD, Minor OT procedures, endoscopy procedures, emergencies and ENT Surgeries
December 2010 to June 2014: Director, Yukti Medical Innovations Private Limited, Bangalore (website)
- Spearheaded the development of the tri-purpose, low cost, portable Ear nose throat Multiscope Recorder (EMR) upto pre clinical studies till it was licensed out to Icarus Nova Discovery Private Limited in October 2013
- Started an innovative teaching methodology called theatre based learning – medical theatre for effective understanding of complex medical content. Conducted workshops through a commercial business model
April 2013 to September 2013: Consultant ENT at Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi (website)
- Worked as an impaneled consultant with Adept group of ENT surgeons at Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj. Responsibilities included ENT consultation, office procedures, emergencies and basic ENT surgeries. Developed instrumentation skills to perform submucosal diathermy and coblation surgeries
April 2013 to September 2013: Consultant ENT at Bensups MultiSpeciality Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi (website)
- Worked as an impaneled consultant with Adept group of ENT surgeons at Bensups MultiSpeciality Hospital, Dwarka. Responsibilities included ENT consultation, office procedures, emergencies and basic ENT surgeries. Developed instrumentation skills to perform submucosal diathermy and coblation surgeries
March 2013 to September 2013: Consultant for Stanford India Biodesign, IIT, New Delhi (website)
- Responsible for organizing and training the internship batch of 2013 in the process of Biodesign
January 2012 to March 2013: Stanford India Biodesign Fellow, DBT, GOI, New Delhi (website)
- As the 5th year of the Stanford India Biodesign Program, I was selected nationally along with 3 others for this prestigious fellowship in the department of Biodesign Innovations at Stanford University to learn the process of innovations through a structured process that involves needs finding, needs validation, IP filing, IP protection, concept generation, prototyping, business plan development and market analysis etc
- This fellowship has helped me implement the Biodesign process in Indian healthcare system in order to improve awareness with regards to the importance of this process and its implementation for low cost high quality healthcare solutions
February 2009 to January 2012: Post Graduate ENT Resident, St. John’s Medical College and Hospital (website)
- At St. John’s Medical College and hospital, a 1200 bedded tertiary care teaching hospital. In my first year of post graduate training my work included initial management of patients on a routine and emergency basis, attending ward rounds, clinics and grand rounds, participating in journal club, teaching sessions and interdepartmental meetings. During this period I was taught basic surgical skills. I was also trained to organize Continuation of Medical Education [CME] and Conferences for my Department
- During the second year of my post graduate training I consolidated my basic skills. I was actively involved in research activities within the department. This helped me to develop basic competencies in ear and nasal surgery. My duties included assisting senior consultants in surgeries of the ear, nose, throat and head & neck malignancies. Other duties included attending regular teaching sessions and Weekly clinics. (Vertigo/Allergy/Speech/OSA Clinics)
- During the third year of my postgraduate training I was given more responsibilities such as teaching undergraduates during clinics and tutorials. I was also given the task to teach and guide my junior colleagues during minor OT and emergency procedures. I was trained to organize /conduct workshops and also be a part of many clinical research papers. Surgical opportunities were extended to assisting more complicated and prolonged cases. Basics on application of biostatistics was also taught during this period
February 2008 to August 2008: Non PG Junior Resident in Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore (website)
- The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences is a multidisciplinary Institute for patient care and academic pursuit in the frontier area of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences. During my 6 months here I received training in basic psychiatry skills (history taking, psychological assessment, clinical examination, emergency management of psychiatric conditions) and attended new-patient and followup-patient OPD’S. I also attended weekly OCD Clinics under the supervision of Dr. YC Janardhan Reddy where I learnt to perform Exposure and Response prevention [ERP] on 5 patients and Behavioral Therapy on 7 patients.
November 2007 to January 2008: Resident Doctor, Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bangalore (website)
- Sagar Apollo Hospital is a 665 bedded multi-speciality hospital located in Jayanagar, Bangalore. During my 3 months here I learnt to manage basic ward and emergency skills [ History taking, clinical examination, interpreting lab reports]. My role was to perform night duties on 15 days/ month where I was in charge of examining patients admitted in private wards in the hospital. I also attended classes conducted there for DNB candidates in various departments